Working with People with Challenging Behaviors
A Guide for Maintaining Positive Relationships
|Look inside and download sample pages!|
Are you an educator, support professional, case manager or family member who supports or serves a person with challenging behavior? If so, this manual is for you. With these clear instructions and lively examples, you can guide a person with behavior issues toward fulfilling relationships and greater choice and control in life.
Bring these proven techniques into the home, classroom, workplace or community setting, and you will soon learn to:
This new edition, suitable for education, behavioral health and disability professionals, offers a number of features. Seven new appendices and a lively new design make teaching and training easier than ever!
1. Introduction to Values and Methods for Working with People with Challenging Behavior
2. Agitation, Distress and Panic Behaviors in People with Severe and Profound Developmental Disabilities
3. Resistive Behavior
4. Dependent Behavior: understanding and overcoming some special learning problems
5. Persistent, Repetitive Behavior: perseverative responding
6. Impulsive Behavior
7. Socially Disruptive, Attention-Seeking Behavior
8. Emotionally Fragile and Reactive Behavior: management and counseling of people with developmental disabilities
9. Violent, Aggressive and Destructive Behavior: loss of self-control
10. Challenging Sexual Behavior
A: Fundamental Training Approaches for a Person with Severe Intellectual Disability
B: The 6-Step Training Ladder: How to Support a Setback in Training
C: Working with Perfectionist Anxiety
D: Supporting Adults with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and Similar Brain Dysfunction
E: How to Create a Safe Relationship Habit and a Serene Posture to Interrupt Extreme Behavior Episodes
F: A Brief Overview of Down Syndrome Dementia
G: Suggestions for Creating a "Prader-Willi Syndrome-Friendly" Place
Printed in both the United States and Canada–no international shipping charge in these two countries.